Tuesday, February 15, 2011

sleep school work hw sleep

Last year this time I was riding about 5-6 times a week and accumulating 12-15 hours a week. I barely did any homework and squeezed by with grades. I lived in an empty house and was going to sleep at 8 o'clock cause I did no homework and had nothing in my house other than my dog, food, and a bed.

Wow have things changed. I live with my parents again, have a girl friend, and have one of the most time consuming majors in architecture. My life now consist of me being up till 3 o'clock in the morning on average three to four nights a week doing homework. I still squeeze in about 31 hours of work between h2 and sunshine and I am lucky to get 1 ride a week. The free time I do have I spend trying to catch up on sleep. I have gone from being up every saturday and sunday at 7 to make a ride, to sleeping till 10:45-11:00 to catch up. Its weird and I don't like it, especially since that has been my routine for about 15 years. So hearing and reading blogs about rides where everyone shows up or just getting invited and not being able to attend hurts and really bothers me. Because while y'all are riding I having to make a model or draw. The good news is that day light savings is coming, the weather is getting warmer, and the semester is actually pretty close to ending. I have three weeks till sb and then I come back from sb and only have one project after. So hell is coming to an end pretty soon and I will be able to join the crew again.

This is for worm too: http://www.bustedcarbon.com/

3 comments:

BIG JIM said...

I do miss riding with you but can respect your priorities.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

You are going to be an Architect (an unrealized dream of mine) and you are missing a few rides to pay your dues.
Rule five it for a few years and you can ride by your projects for life.

Mark said...

Don't sweat the rides. We'll all get it together soon enough