Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm on my grind...



Its been a little over a week since my last blog and alot of epic rides have taken place and my first hick up in my newly rejuvenated focus.

After the fantastic four weekend being unsuccessful in saving the world, things health wise took a sudden down turn. I spent all day Monday with a runny nose, horrible sinus pressure, and I sneezed about a thousand times. I took the next day off from work and tried to lay low. I laid low for maybe an hour than did stuff I had been putting off. I still felt like shit, but got bored then I decided to go ride. maybe not the best idea but I wanted to ride and keep the consistency up. I rode kinda shitty but still almost got four hours lol. My sinus pressure went away but the nose was still running. The next day I woke up feeling like I was breathing under water. The cold had moved from my head to my lungs. It was like having asthma all day and the inhaler not doing anything. But yet I still decided to ride that night with wrecking ball and jimbo. Awesome ride but I felt like shit. For everyone that hasn't been riding with us on Wednesday nights, it has turned in to wrecking ball story time/ drive through memory lane and photo night. We have discussed relationships with younger women lol to court appearances! You would never know he was such an asshole in the past and that he could take such good pics with a cell phone lol. After struggling a lil wed night and knowing that I was going out Thursday night, I decided i was still going to try to get in three hours in Thursday morning. I started off at 8, still felt like I was breathing under water, but felt pretty good. I got all the way out the dikes, when things started to take its toll on me. I convinced myself it was that my legs were just tired, when really I was in denial. The cold finally caught up to me and called the ride short due to the whole body shutting down. I spent the rest of the day just drained feeling, that is till I started drinking at poboys lol. apparently crown and cokes is a form of medicine and energy supplement, cause I woke up the next morning feeling alot better. I still took the day off the bike on friday tho.

Saturday morning was a day of old school for the new school. Jim, Tyler, Chris and I left Chris's house around 8:30 on our old school adventure. We started off going through Lafayette park, I had never been there and had no clue that it was a big as it was. Worm weaved us all over the two hill sides and I think we all almost died couple times on the dry 90 degree corners. That said it was fun and different. It wasn't the same ol north and east side rides. We then continued a old school lesson by chris telling stories of tag that use to occur in the bbc (before bike chain) era. I kept fueling the fire of stories and got chris in memory lane mode. We ended up visiting all of the campus routes. I really wish I had been around for some of the stories and activities, because people have children and responsibilities today that prevent them from playing tag behind chubbys or cruising though campus now a days. Once we went through chris's memory lane, which took up to 1.5 hrs, we ended up at munson hills. Worm and Tyler had there usual unbelievable speed at munson. I don't understand it. I don't know if worm just sinks through the soft sand and gets hard pack sand or if he just knows that place that damn good. Tyler on the other hand baffles me a little more. He just sticks to people rear wheels and powers through everything. After those two drug Jim and I around for over an hour we headed back to worms house. Thats when everybody started blowin up. I was border line blowing up the whole way back but played it smart enough that I survived. Worm started to ignore everyone, Jim was worried about his tire and was tired, and then it seems like they forgot about Tyler. I hung back with him and rode easy. He too was sick and was bonking as a result. When we got back everyone was tired and hungry, that is except for tyler. He said all he wanted to do was lay down lol. Jim, worm, and I then went to monks or what ever the name is and watched women and ate crazy hamburger with mrs worm. good times and good food.

So by the end of the week of sickness, I ended up with 14 hrs. I was stoked to get that much and still survive with the pretty bad cold. That makes 44 hrs for the last three week. hell yeah! I am starting to feel better though and I definitely over the hump and almost completely better. Can't wait to feel 100%. I really want to test me legs and see where I have come! So beware.

Coming soon Tropical Storm ida ride story!

2 comments:

BIG JIM said...

Good one

BIGWORM said...

It's good to see you chattering again, Magpie!