Monday, January 26, 2009

School seems to be the recent talk around BC, so I figured I should talk about it as well!

Whats all this talk about school?! Its kinda depressing thinking about school honestly! Why would you want to think about long boring lectures with boring ass teachers? Cause I am assuming its so you can live the live that people dream of. Which for me means a bike for every occasion and discipline, a bad ass car, some bumpin music and of course a hot girl! Here is a bumpin track (its so sick) and my favorite free ride clip!



But back to the subject of school. School must be the cool thing cause Wreckin Ball is apparently rolling back to school, I have also heard the big ass worm talkin about the idea as well and seems to be a subject on every ride! But I am in school and I hate it. But I have hated it because I have been able to figure out what I want to do. Recently its been on my mind while I ride, work and while I have been sittin on my white porcelain throne. I have been trying to put things together and figure it out what I should do for a living. I guess you could call it weird math. Here is my current formula for a future career:

mtb + the love of new parts and toys + current job and opportunities + years of riding + the love of outdoors = mtb product developer

Apparently it requires a experience in mtb retail industry, knowledge of trends and where the future of cycling is going and history of advancements, Autocad, and engineering experience. Sounds like a match made in heaven!

So just like the wreckin ball, I to think I might have found my calling. I still don't want to school though!

This is all assuming I don't go pro haha!

5 comments:

BIG JIM said...

Nice post, now go study.

BIGWORM said...

When Jaysun Cosner was working for Raleigh, he was working towards being one of the product managers who spec'd the new bikes' parts. He said it required the same knowledge of product trends and new technology, as well as a good understanding of eastern culture, since all of the parts were made in Japan, Taiwan, China, etc. He also said you better be able to handle your liquor, as most deals were made in bars, late at night, when the American was good and drunk, and tired. Send over a lightweight, and next year's bikes cost 20% more!

Anonymous said...

If you're goin pro the need to get that situp/pushup count higher. That video is the bomb. Thanks for sharing.

bikediet said...

As you know, I am with you. I hate school. But, ya gotta do it. Quit thinking so much or ur gonna wind up like BW.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Go for your dream Bro. Start with a plan and be willing to change direction and that is how life goes. You're a smart kid and you will do fine at anything you go for. Pick a line and roll that fkr!